Students-centered approach in teaching is a method applied by the ETC Lardan’s teachers in their professional activities. When used in the teaching process it gives students a series of extra benefits, namely:
- a comprehensive development of personality;+
- a better knowledge and awareness of the own –self
- a sustainable development of students’ individual characteristics
The main methods and techniques of the stated approach are as follows:
- pair work as a predominating channel for interacting in the teaching process;
- use of role-play activities;
- creative approach to task setting;
- immerse students in the atmosphere of individual choice of tasks and teaching techniques.
Well-to-do clients are provided with ‘coachings’ – a series of consulting support in English aimed at clients’ self-improvement and helping them ‘think English’.